“Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” — Al Gore
Airline terminals seem to be huge these days and the walk to gate seems to take forever. After a flight, the walk to baggage claim seems to get longer and longer. No wonder you look like your passport picture. Tech companies are coming to your rescue.
The Modobag is a ride on carry on suitcase that can also be pulled along. What better way to start and end a long trip than to ride through the airport. With 85% of the storage space of the average carry on, the Modobag makes navigating an airport quick and fun. It was recentlyreviewed on C/net.
Some of the features are:
- Top Speed – 8 MPH
- Range – 6 Miles (based on an 180 lb rider)
- 80% charge in 15 minutes, full charge in 1 hour
- GPRS-GSM Real-Time Tracking
- Proximity Alert
- Dual 5V USB ports
- Memory Foam Cushioned Seat
- Easy Access Pockets for tablet and phone
- Crush Proof Laptop Compartment
While still in the crowdfunding stage at Indiegogo the Modobag will soon be on the must-have list of any frequent traveler.
Some of the features of this bag are:
- 100% Hands-free. Automatically follows you wherever you go.
- Avoids obstacles. Proximity detection keeps NUA out of harm’s way.
- Charges your smartphone, tablet, laptop or any other device.
- Anti-theft alarm keeps NUA close by your side.
- Sends real-time data like weight and location to your smartphone
The makers of NUA say the bag will be available sometime in 2017.
If you don’t want to wait for the Modobag or the NUA, Micro Kickboard makes a TSA approved carry on scooter. The scooter can be pulled or ridden as a scooter by people who weigh up to 260 pounds. It won’t charge your laptop or gadgets, but it will get you through the airport quicker.
Next time you fly, be on the lookout for the scooter and keep an eye out for the smart luggage too. Or maybe instead of being on the lookout, be on one.